United States is an extremely important export market of Vietnam for lately years and Vietnam is currently enjoying many benefits…
Trademark registration in Korea
Trademarks and service marks are protected in the Republic of Korea under the Trademark Act; and for such protection, marks should be registered with the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO). The use of a trademark is not a prerequisite for filing an application for the registration of a trademark. Although the Trademark Act does not protect unregistered marks, it does provide protection of well-known or famous marks by restricting the registration of an identical or similar mark. There is no course of action against infringement of a well-known or famous unregistered trademark under the Trademark Act, but action may be pursued under the Unfair Competition Prevention Act.
1. Requisite documents:
– Power of Attorney (prepared by InvestOne);
– The priority document if the right of priority is claimed;
– Application form, Claims and abstract;
– 20 sample trademarks (within the size not exceeding 80mmx80mm);
– List of goods or/and services.
2.Time frame: 12-18 months from application date