Industrial design registration is an important part of intellectual property, which is also an inevitable trend of developing countries like…
Trademark registration in Vietnam has never been so easy, contact InvestOne Law Firm to get free advice by attorney 20 years of experience. We are an International Law Firm, specializing in Vietnam Intellectual Property, helping you understand the legal issues of trademarks and guiding the preparation of necessary documents.
1. Why Register?
Registering a trademark helps to distinguish your goods and services from others in the market. Besides, it also works as a deterrent to others who would want to pass of their goods as yours.
2. The legal basis
- Intellectual Property Law No. 50/2005/QH11;
- The Government’s Decree No. 103/2006/ND-CP;
- Circular No. 01/2007/TT-BKHCN;
- Circular No. 263/2016/TT-BTC;
3. Protection Conditions
- Visible signs in the form of letters, words, drawings or images, including holograms, or a combination thereof.
- Being capable of distinguishing goods or services of the trademark’s owner from those of other objects.
4. Requisite documents
- Prescribed application form
- Trademark samples (05 specimens of trademark within the size not exceeding 80×80 mm);
- Relevant documents
- Receipt of prescribed fees
- Power of Attorney for InvestOne
5. Time frame
- Formality examination: 01 month;
- The publication date: 02 months from filing date;
- Substantive examination within around 09 months from the publication date.
6. Registration Fees
- Official fees and attorneys fees
- Based on the number of classes and products
7. Trademark Certificate
- Valid from the granting date and last for 10 years from the filing date;
- Renewable every 10 years.