Industrial design registration is an important part of intellectual property, which is also an inevitable trend of developing countries like…
1. The legal basis:
– Intellectual Property Law (No. 50/2005/QH11 of November 29, 2005); supplemented and amended under Law No. 36/2009/QH12 of June 19, 2009;
– The Government’s Decree No. 103/2006/ND-CP of September 22, 2006, detailing and guiding the implementation of a number of articles of the 2005 Vietnam IP Law on industrial property; supplemented and amended under Decree No. 122/ND-CP dated December 31, 2010;
– Circular No. 01/2007/TT-BKHCN of February 14,2007 guiding the implementation of the Government’s Decree No. 103/2006/ND-CP; supplemented and amended on Circular No. 13/2010/TT-BKHCN of July 30, 2010 and Circular No. 18/2011/TT-BKHCN of July 22, 2011.
– Circular No. 263/2016/TT-BTC on the fees relating to IP activities of November 14, 2016.
2. Requisite documents:
– Application form;
– Technology transfer contract;
– Original Protection Title;
– Agreement in writing of co-ownwer about the transfer of industrial property rights (if industrial property rights belong common property)
– Power of attorney.
3.Time frame: 02 months from the filling date