Almost 100% of authors cannot register their-self for patent protection for their technical solution without helping of the attorney. Because…
1. The legal basis:
– Intellectual Property Law (No. 50/2005/QH11 of November 29, 2005); supplemented and amended under Law No. 36/2009/QH12 of June 19, 2009;
– The Government’s Decree No. 103/2006/ND-CP of September 22, 2006, detailing and guiding the implementation of a number of articles of the 2005 Vietnam IP Law on industrial property; supplemented and amended under Decree No. 122/ND-CP dated December 31, 2010;
– Circular No. 01/2007/TT-BKHCN of February 14,2007 guiding the implementation of the Government’s Decree No. 103/2006/ND-CP; supplemented and mended on Circular No. 13/2010/TT-BKHCN of July 30, 2010 and Circular No. 18/2011/TT-BKHCN of July 22, 2011.
– Circular No. 263/2016/TT-BTC of November 14, 2016 stipulating the rates, collection, remittance, management and use of intellectual property charges and fees.
2. Requisite documents:
– Application form;
– Specification on the characteristics/quality/prestige of the product;
– The map of the area corresponding to geographical indication;
– Specimens of the geographical indication (within the size not exceeding 80mmx80mm);
– Related documents (if any);
– Power of Attorney (following our form).
– Formality examination: 01 month from the filing date;
– The publication date: 02 months from a filing date
– Substantive examination: 06 months from the publication date.